Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Best way to fix door dings
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,320 Times in 1,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab
that paintless dent repair is a scam and so is the dry ice.

some dentless repair dudes set up shop in a parking lot here a while back. i watched them as they turned minor dings into disasters. after they piss off enough people they just pull up stakes and move to virgin territory. lol...

i tried some dry ice on my honda del sol. didn't do anything...

nope ya gotta do it the old fashioned way by popping them out as far as possible, filing any high spots, then body filler, then some glazing then primer then paint.

there ain't no santa clause either....
Paintless dent repair is most certainly not a scam. You may have seen some scam artist trying to do it, but don't paint the whole trade with a broad brush.

I have seen "gypsy bodymen" myself at a car wash that was in front of my bodyshop. Those scum would spread plastic filler all over some poor saps car and spray it with a splatter paint to hide the waves, it was horrible.

Back to paintless, some of these guys are like friggin Warlocks! We have a guy who comes around for minor dings and "mistakes" like if we miss a ding in a panel that has been painted and stuff like that. This guy would blow your mind.

No, it is the real deal. But there are good and bad ones just like Cops.

Brian