Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - best way to paint lace?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 06:05 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

vans and lo riders

A lot of custom paint styles were popular to the van conversions in the late 60's and 70's and is still done on some low riders, air brushed images, stensiles that don't touch the metal, fog over then move the stensil, thinned down paint where you spray a wet dot and then hit it with and air nozzel. find a custom van or painting book from the 70's . If you google " googlebooks" then do a search there for custom paint several books will popup and most have a preview. You get to see a few pages and find the one with the style s you like then you can order them. I painted a chopper for a guy in the 70's, we tried a few things on some poster board I had and he decided what he wanted. He stopped by every evening, looked at it and then said "i think it would look good with a little grean stuff on the tank and fenders, the next night , lets try some orange things over here, then it was fog it with some pearl. I should have charged by the hour.