Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Best way to remove a trans am sub frame
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 02:52 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Boy, what fun I had today.

I removed part of the exhaust(headers to muffler joint pipe) to allow ease when working on the floor rust. Whoever installed it used one of those dumb clamps that crush the pipe. I tried to remove it without cutting but got fustrated and just chopped it off. I'll weld it back later.

I still had the slip yoke in the rear of the tranny. I tried to put a milk jug under it to catch the tranny fluid when I slid the shaft out the rear. The darn uv joint on the shaft hit the funnel spilling tranny fluid all over me and the floor. When I finally got the funnel back under it, turns out the damn jug was leaking.

When all hell was done I was finally ready to pull out the engine/trans. I got the mounts off the frame and tried to slide the engine/tran out. Turns out the header is getting caught on the bottom of the firewall where it meets the floor.

I am done for today. I guess tommorow I have to yank out the headers.

Wish me luck!!!!!

Last edited by poncho62; 08-03-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: circumventing profanity filter