Hot Rod Forum banner

best way to run water/methanol injection with dual carbs?

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  junior stocker 
#1 ·
I got a 671 blower and I was wondering what would be the best way to run water injection on these? The only way I can think of is running a spacer thats been tapped for the nozzles under the carbs. I would like to avoid using spacers, is there an alternative that I haven't thought about?

#6 ·
h 2 o injection

I too have wondered that, but moreso about making my own kit. Also, you hear of folks pouring water down the carb throat at high speed to clean the carbon out of the motor. So, I took a plastic irrigation solution bottle (hospital item, 2 liters), and filled it with water and a little rubbing alcohol, put a small diameter tube into the container and the other end onto the vacuum advance nipple of the carb. This was on full centrifugal advance ditributor setup, and drove around that way. Did'nt seem to hurt anything, can't say it helped, but I reasonned that the engine would pull more vacuum under load, and therefore more water ,to stave off detonation. Could one "tune" it with some sort of jetting, and would that work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.