Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Best ways to straighten a twisted repro door?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 09:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

No, my name is Troy. My favorite nascar driver is matt Kenseth, driver of the #17 Dewalt. So thats what my screen name is for.
I am sure you guys will get it fit properly. Just be glad you aren't dealing with fiberglass parts. Worked on a hood recently and the curve of it was way off from the fenders. Cut and refiberglass time. It was sticking up in the back on one side too. Hinge was bent and also the holes for the bolts were stripped out so it wouldn't tighten down good. Carefully added a little weld in the holes and retapped, and that took care of that part of fitment. Lots of things to look at. Plus a lot of older cars the fitment wasn't perfect on parts from the factory. A '67 mustang I worked on the panel fitment wasn't perfect on. Had to mess around to get the body line on the fender down so it would match the door. Headlight buckets didn't fit to the fenders great either. Looked at a car shows wondering if it was just that car, but they were pretty much the same way. A repo trunk lid was put on the car also, but that fit pretty good. In my gallery the trunk lid looks off, but thats because the rubber stoppers weren't on yet. The owner hadn't picked them up yet.