Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Best ways to straighten a twisted repro door?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 11:36 PM

Last journal entry: First RoadCourse Video
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I appreciate the advise immensely. The body guy is pretty easy going, but was stumped by the amount which the door was out. Together we've been messing around with the car since March. He may not want to bend the door, ultimately that'll be up to him. Likewise I am reluctant to cut it, but most everything he has done has been fine, other than far over budget

He has the passenger side sheet metal lined up perfectly, and was the one who told me that the doors needed to be on before he welded up the quarters and finished up the welding on the front frame.

The drivers side 1/4 panel fits real nice with the rocker, and he does not want to push it out past the rocker any more.

So I'll communicate with him this week. This is the biggest remaining issue with the car body. The rest is just minor rust spots here and there, that need small patches made etc.

Maybe he does not want to bend the door, because it fits everywhere except for the bottom 2/3 of the striker side. Maybe he's afraid bending it will lose the body like and crease at the top (It does fit decently at the top.)