Beugler Pinstriping System - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2003, 07:45 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post Beugler Pinstriping System

In case anyone is interested, I have the anniversary edition system posted on ebay as Item # 2409048915. I purchased it for well over 400.00 but I'm moving and I need to sell it without even having gotten to try it yet.

On a funny note, I have to get a good laugh out of the graemlins one paddling another because I make sensual spanking implements and sell them!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2003, 07:59 PM

Hopefully you're not using the beugler's to pinstripe your "sensual spanking items". Some 1-shot colors have lead in them that, if entered into the blood stream in large doses (I don't know what exactly is involved in "sensual spanking", but if it involves blood...) can cause lead poisoning. Just a thought...oh yeah, and your a weirdo!

The 'hopper
Old 04-02-2003, 09:08 PM

okay, ya post a car picture like that and I'm a wierdo

No, there's no blood involved and nope, I don't use the pinstriper for that, haven't used it at all as a matter of fact.
Old 04-04-2003, 02:23 PM

Har Har hardy-HAR-HAR!!

I'm surrounded by comedians!

The 'hopper
Old 04-04-2003, 02:27 PM

yep and strange ones at that.
What is that car anyhow, it looks like a mustang on psycholelic drugs
Old 04-06-2003, 08:24 PM

It was one of Roth's cars back when he was into designing weirdo cars. I think he called it the Light-Beam or something to that effect. The lights in the front of the car were the three lights from an old RGB Movie projector. Roth was the KING of acrylic Bubble-Tops. I am a custom painter/pinstriper and this is the only one in the list of available cars that kind of fit what I do.

The 'hopper
Old 04-08-2003, 09:39 AM

Last photo:

Bueglers are half a step better than vinyl tape, and tape is for panzies.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:27 AM

see, then it's just a darn good thing I never tried the thing huh :p
Old 04-08-2003, 08:45 PM

Wow...what a can of worms.

I dont know if you all have seen me on a soap box before, but here you go:

It is true that automotive grade vinyl applied on the exterior of cars should be left to Post 1990 vehicles, and particularly to Honda Civic's and Prelude's. Anything that is, once was, is slightly resembling, using the same platform as, or could be banged with enough bodywork into the shape of a Muscle car or classic car should have paint on it. Airbrushing is for murals, and murals are for 1980 Nissan Widebodys and similar mini-trucks (I am an airbrush artist also...that wasn't against airbrushing in particular).

Street rods, classic cars and muscle cars should be striped with paint. I (and many others) say that pinstripes and grafix should be applied by hand, by an automotive artist, WITH a grey-squirrel hair brush. However, the Beugler system works TERRIFIC for people who don't have the patience to learn to pinstripe, or dont want to hassle with it (there is really more hassle trying to clean out a beugler than a brush, though.....). I pinstripe by hand. I have used Mack "Original" '00' size brushes to pinstripe flames, grafix, and artwork on vehicles, bikes, and panels for a while. Ever since I started pinstriping, I have heard from other stripers that Macks' are the way to go. They are the originals. "Von Dutch" used macks. "Roth" used macks. Hightower, Bond, Bobbo, Magoo, The Italian...they all use Macks. So I have been fighting the Mack pinstripe brushes for nearly a decade to get them to turn in correctly. Couldn't do it. It made me feel like an imbecile, as my peers were doing beautiful peices and making money with them, and I couldnt even pull two curves the same diameter radius. Then, I met a striper who gave me an Xcaliber 000. For some reason, the Xcaliber corp's brushes are SHUNNED by the pinstriping world for being "fancy-new-fangled brushes", but my striping went from passable to notable overnight. I love it! I've orderd $100 worth of Xcaliber's since then to replace all of my Macks, and I have oiled and stored the Macks for museum peices.

The point? Today, vinyl is for wussies. Beuglers are for Wussies who want to "act" like pinstripers. Pinstriping is a dying artform, so beugler's of tomorrow may be the 'kings' of the stripe, and there may be something else that comes along and falls into the 'wussie' status and people may accept putting vinyl grafix down the side of their "old-time" fiberglass, pre-chopped, leather interior'd, prefab-framed, independent-suspension'd, 502 crate Chevy motor'd, 32 Ford 3-window. Who knows?

Okay, I'm down.

The 'hopper
Old 04-08-2003, 08:54 PM

Gosh, I'm just loving this. I'm so glad I posted the item here. It's sold already now, but you guys have been so informative and so entertaining. I'm just having a blast. I'm so bad at pinstriping, I couldn't hope to attain wussie status right now. I have watched really good pinstripers and they are pretty amazing. I do a complete different form of art work that has nothing to do with vehicles. I don't even have a 'classic' car, I have a 2001 drop top mustang gt and though I know alot of mustang enthusiasts will tell me it's not a mustang, whatever it is, I love it. (It doesn't have not one bit of pinstriping, vinyl or otherwise on it). But, I have to say. A real pinstriper is a real artist!

Thanks guys for being so interactive and so entertaining

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.