Beverly Hillbillies Hot Rod - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2006, 04:48 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Beverly Hillbillies Hot Rod

I am trying to locate the "original" Hot Rod Conversion used in the television show "The Beverly Hillbillies".

The last know information I can find is that the Hot Rod was sold at Auction (Barrett-Jackson Auctions) in 1996 and sold for $9500.

The vehicle description is as follows:
1925 DODGE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES HOT ROD RD
COLOR - ORANGE/YELLOW
CYLINDERS - 8
VIN - A521301

Anyone with ANY INFORMATION on where this Hot Rod might be -- PLEASE contact me!

Thanks so much!
Posted: Feb 28, 2006

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2006, 10:07 AM
T buckets rule

I read somewhere that it was a 1926 Oldsmobile...I'll see if I can find that for you.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:39 AM

hillbillies car

i allways thought it was a 1920,s dodge. does any one know what is written on the doors??? in the show yuo can see some thing on doors. like to know what it says, is that patina or what..
Old 03-01-2006, 12:41 PM
T buckets rule

You had me thinking about this. The car was built by Gerge Barris. But here is some info on it at this link. http://members.aol.com/styrenearc/pr...hill/hill.html
Old 03-02-2006, 06:07 AM
World Class ASE tech

Last photo:

think I found it for ya. http://www.rfostermuseum.com/
Old 03-02-2006, 06:37 AM

hillbillies

rpm, thats cool, that link to barris is good. that is probaly what is on the doors, from where g barris found it. i keep watching the show and some day i will get the name correct, i am looking into a g.m. 55-66 inline six w/auto into a 37 terraplane hudson, ever seenit/done it??
Old 03-02-2006, 06:50 AM

Last wiki edit: AMC V-8s Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 14

The Hudson came either with a straight six or eight. I don't know if you got the engine with yours, but the sixes had stamped louvers in the hood sides and the eights vent doors. The eight had a bit longer hood, but I don't think it sat on a longer wheelbase. The GM six should be a really nice upgrade for the Terraplane, though I haven't done or seen it. I've seen the later big Hudson sixes in one, so the GM should fit nicely. Swap engine and trans and there should be few problems.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:02 AM

hillbillies/hudson tplane

hi farna, i have the 212 flat six in her now, i think this swap should be cool/nostalgic. i will be able to drive w/ power and gas mileage. nothing like a big block, rat and/or elephants. but i want to cruise for hours. cheap and keep to orig steel look.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:34 AM
World Class ASE tech

Last photo:

this is the reply from the museum:

Yes, we still have the truck. There was one sold at auction recently, but not ours. There were at least two trucks used in filming during the original series and then there were additional ones for the movie which came out several years ago. To the best of my knowledge, it was one of those vehicles that were sold.

I hope you enjoy your visit!

Annette Sain

Director

Ralph Foster Museum
Old 03-02-2006, 08:26 AM

Last photo:

Hudson 39 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dermott
rpm, thats cool, that link to barris is good. that is probaly what is on the doors, from where g barris found it. i keep watching the show and some day i will get the name correct, i am looking into a g.m. 55-66 inline six w/auto into a 37 terraplane hudson, ever seenit/done it??
Dermott,
I put a Chrysler 318 in my 39 Hudson Coupe. complete drivetrain and front subframe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	enginein-1.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	10467  
Old 03-26-2006, 03:34 PM

Side note

Hello, I just wanted to share that I use to work with the guy that built the new hillbilly's truck for the movie. THE HILL BILLY MONSTER. He also built the Samson truck that was hung in front of the Peterson museum in LA. That being said he was an amazing mechanic and a real jerk. I use to work with him at Golden State Pickups as a warehouse flunky. I use to do all their rebuilds and such as well as most of Alens work. Alen was my boss. Alen also had a problem with keeping his pecker in his pants. His girl was this nasty trailer park skank that spent most of her time trying to kiss me. I was 18 or so at the time. dirty does not start to explain this chick. I use to hide in the warehouse in hopes it would keep her away. I got so sick of him screwing around on his wife and this chick trying to get it on with me, I got even. I took a vacation and when I came back I was fired for no clear reason by Allen. Turned out the business was moving out of state. But Alen never told me that. He was to busy looking for his new job and keeping his wife in the dark. Well he messed with the wrong guy. He use to keep naked shots of him and his "girl in the side" in his tool box. He also use to keep his bill stubs. Well 2 and 2 equals an address to his wife. OOPS!!

I would have loved to have been there when the !@# hit the fan.

Just a fun story for those of us that work our butts off just to get hosed in the end.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Shade Tree Doofus

Last photo:

In Dallas?

A month ago therer was a reproduction of the car for sale one the Dallas TX Craigslist. They did not claim that it was the original but it sure looked like the real thing.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:00 PM

movie monster

Not to create any antimosity here but the owners of the Beverly Hillbillies Monster Truck are friends of mine. Brian worked with me when he was a young man of early 20's and just starting out. Brians wife is the owner/driver of the truck with Brian as co-owner/crew chief. The truck started it's life as Jerry Richmonds Lethal Weapon Truck and then changed to the Skoal Copenhagen Crusher when golden State Promotions bought it which in turn it was purchased by Fox Studio's where they sent it to George Barris to be rebodied with the 21-23 Oldsmobile body for use in the movie. Brian and Kelli are no longer competeing with the truck as to not distroy it however they do use it for exhibition and Monster Rides at commissioned events. I was just over to Brian and Kelli's last night and took some pics of the truck sitting in the garage.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:18 AM

your friends own the truck? Howd the come across that
Old 06-29-2010, 06:09 PM

Some guy in Sioux Falls S.D. had it and Kelli found it for sale on the internet and bought it and has had it now for about 7 or 8 years. She no longer uses it in comp just as a ride truck at different events. If I could resize pics I would load a couple as it sits in the garage.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.