beware whiteys wheels - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2006, 10:24 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

beware whiteys wheels

i recently purchased a set of cragar ss wheels at the spring carslile show here in PA from whiteys wheels based in virginia. i was assured that they would fit perfectly several times. at first i was very happy with the wheels, nice looking, came with lugs, and they carried them out to my car...but thats where the happiness ended. when i got home i was looknig at the lug nuts and some of them had chrome flaking off. not a big deal i thought...but it gets better. I was lowering the rear end of my monte carlo, my old wheels and tires wouldnt fit under the fenders. so i installed my new springs and put the back wheels and tires on. they fit well. i was about to swap tires from my old front wheels to the new ones but i decided to set a wheel in place and see how it looked. lo and behold the wheel would not fit over the part of the brake rotor that holds the bearing not sure of the technical term but basicly it had to fit through a hole in the wheel and the hole was too small i tried them on 3 simialar front break set ups around the shop, didnt fit. so i tried to call up mr. whitey several times on several different days all i got was a full voice mail box so i coudnt even leave a message. and after driving around with two different sets of wheels for 3 days i decided i had to make the wheels work and proceeded to machine down the piece that had to fit through the wheel (dont worry ,nothing structural, just held the dust cap on) and i also had to cut up and modify mybrand new centers because the mounting tabs would not work. i got the wheels to fit, and they rub on my upper control arm a touch. so today i called up whitey's and finaly got an answer. i told the person who answered the phone about my troubles and that i got the wheels to fit but i thought they might want the feed back. and the person on the phone told me "Oh let me get this straight you just called to be an ******* then". what the hell...so i asked to speak with a manager and was informed that i was talking to the owner...bull **** or not i dont know. I asked him what the hell his problem was, and what kinda buisness he was running. i paid alot of money for the wheels and they didnt fit it seems like the owner migh give a ****. but no. thought everyone should know what kind of establishment whiteys wheels is. has anyone else gone through these guys, and what kind of experience did you have with them.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2006, 08:53 PM
It's shady under this tree...

Last photo:

Being that I work in the tire and wheel industry, I would like to apologize for this kind of behavior. Some people, or even companies, feel that once they get your money that the deal is over and done. But it's not. Word-of-mouth publicity is huge and somewhat lasting.

In the company I work for, we recognize that we have to earn the right to call anyone that comes into the store "our customer." And that means helping with any problem years after the tires or wheels are mounted. And seeing and dealing with customers who have been burned by a competitor disappoints me.

But like I said, I apologize for the way that this company has treated you. I would suggest contacting Carlisle Wheel about the problem. They could possibly direct you to the nearest dealer and hopefully fix the problem.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:11 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

You can post you experience @the HOTRODDERS.com company reviews make sure to put the businesses name in your title so the search engines find it.

Its at the top of the page

Hopefully your review will bite him in the arse from now on!

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 05-14-2008, 01:01 PM

I know the owner of whiteys wheels personally and he's just an ******* generally. I've bought rims from him numerous times and never had a problem but he is basically one of those down home country business owners that doesn't care. He's made his millions and doesn't care who he pisses off...
Old 05-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

I guess 'ol Whitey won't be taking you out for drinks anytime soon..............
Old 05-14-2008, 01:19 PM

hell he never did before....he was too busy playing texas hold'em
Old 08-17-2008, 06:33 PM

Yea i to bought a set of wheels off of them about 2 years ago, at the bloomsburg truck show. Bought a set of 17 in. for my dodge ram and i gave them all the info for my truck and they sent me the wrong size, so after 1 whole year of calling them i finally got them to send me the right size, ( after i had to pay for shipping and handling ) thats bullsh#t but whatever. So i got my other set off of them and had them put on and still send me the wrong size lugs. So i said the hell with that place and got my lugs somewhere else.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:48 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

Sorry about your problem with Mr Whitey. But I am concerned about your machining the front hub. This is a serious structural part of your front end in that it carries the outer wheel bearing race and takes quite a beating. Removing metal from this area weakens it and you could end up with a catastrophic wheel failure. How much metal was removed and how much is left?

Trees

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.