Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - beyond frustration
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 06:37 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

That paint last I knew was the Valspar 800 series and a high solids paint but easy to spray.

With the LPH gun you always use the silver with any clear coat or Clear and the purple for base, not sure where the orange fit in as I bought one when they first came out and i could not make it work for anything, so gave it to a customer.

Assuming its a 1.4 tip here are the adjustments and it should lay like glass:

Air regulator at the wall must be min 120Lbs for 25 ft hose, I have mine around the 150-165 lb area and just switching systems will cause me to readjust gun spraying the same HS.

Fan adjustment, wide open and turn in about 5-10%, so gun does not blow out center.
Fluid start at 2.5 turns out and you may need to go to 2.75 out.
If a 1.3 tip go 3 turns out.
Air pressure at the gun, set your regulator at the gun WITH trigger pulled at about 22lbs to start and you could end up as high as 32 depending on the piping of your system.
The air adjustment on the gun must be wide open when you are using a regulator at the gun.
ALSO this gun is made to spray 5-6" away from panel, 8" and all you are going to get is dry over spray and peel.
Make sure the internal strainer in gun is NOT there, give it to someone who you don't like or throw away.

With this adjustment, lay one wet coat, let flash and do your second and you should be done.