Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - beyond frustration
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If your still getting them it sounds like contamination...as I mentioned it's difficult to tell from pictures. First thing to do is put your paint in the fridge, if it's in the gun, you can put the entire gun in the fridge, the cooler temperature will slow down the activation...now, if the substrate is cured, you could use some reducer and take off the paint you just applied (hopefully it's not a large area) if it is a large area, you may need to let it cure and start again. If you can remove the paint, after it's cleaned of, let it sit so that the reducer has dried, scuff the area, clean it with Wax and Grease Remover, let it sit until dry and try a small area where your having the problems by apply a light coat over that area only, if you aren't getting the reaction, let it flash and give it a heavier coat....then finish the panel...like I say, if it's the same area, it does sound more like contamination, even though in the pictures it looks like solvent popping.

I'll stay by my computer, let me know how you make out.