Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Big Block for towing
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:46 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by my87Z View Post
I'd love to see you post his dyno info, and I love to see it done on non professionally ported peanut port heads. You can find all kinds of inflated numbers when port work has been done. My numbers came straight from Stain Weiss's cylinder flow page. The numbers are as cast. People like Lingenfelter, Vizard, Case... Have so much knowledge, experience and the proper tools and machinery to do some outstanding things like this. And much of their knowledge has come from the trial and error of porting thousands of heads. Most people do not have the know how nor the tools in their garage to do anything at the scale some of these people where capable of doing. These people had flow benches on site where they could check at the drop of a hat if what they were doing was going to benifit power or hinder it. Your average gearhead can't even begin to compete with what these guys had the resources to do and that they were capable of.

Like I said, the 156 and 236 peanut port numbers I posted where taken as cast, flow tested on a SF600 in 28" of water. It doesn't mention what bore plate was being used, I would assume 4.250" but I'm not sure. And about my math numbers about head cfm, max HP, and VE, that came from David Vizard, you know one of the most respected engine builders in the US.
509 ft at the wheels on the dyno challange .. through a th400 and a full floater rear.. in a dually thats over 600ft at the crank..
a vid of the pull is on the net.. I'll have to try to find it..
I have it on a zip drive.. but that computer is win 95 and needs work..