Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Big Block for towing
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Veteran/Firefighter-EMT-I CRT

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
what part of real world don't you get..
I feel sorry for the o/p as he'll be talked into parts he doesn't need.. it's a dually, it's to tow, he need low end torque.. PERIOD..
bigger ports will not do any of that.. not at idle to 3500 rpm..

what part of the Oval port heads and the heads that I was recomending have nearly identical size runner volumes dont you understand....

And no I would not recomend using 195 or 208cc peanut port heads on a larger cid motor such as a 489-496 with out doing some extensive machine work first. Even then I personally believe the money spend on the peanut ports would have been wasted since you could have bought a brand new set of heads for how much the machine work would cost you.

People like Lingenfelter did some amazing things, was it becaue they had to no, it was because they could. Did Lingenfelter build a 500+hp BBC with peanut port heads becuase he had to no, he was trying to prove a point that it could be done. But like commericals you see on TV, "THE RESULTS ARE NOT TYPICAL"