Hot Rod Forum banner

Big chev 454 and small chev 350 bolt pattern

29K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LilSmoke 
#1 ·
Hey guys
just wanting to know if there is a difference in the small block chev 350 bell housing's and the big block 454 bell housings...

my step dad said he had an elcamino once and it had a 454 in it, and he said his buddy just threw in a 350 and they had the same bolt patterns. Just wanting to know the truth on this. Sounds odd to me :thumbup:

#2 ·
Yup,the bellhousing flange as well as the motor mounts are the same in both bigblocks and smallblock Chevy's.Even in applications where it lists specific bigblock mounts,the difference is ususally only a fraction of an inch and a bigblock will sit fine on the smallblock mounts.

#3 ·
boneyard Buick said:
Hey guys
just wanting to know if there is a difference in the small block chev 350 bell housing's and the big block 454 bell housings...

my step dad said he had an elcamino once and it had a 454 in it, and he said his buddy just threw in a 350 and they had the same bolt patterns. Just wanting to know the truth on this. Sounds odd to me :thumbup:
yep, they have the same bolt pattern... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.