Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Big low spot on the roof corner
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 AM

Last journal entry: Still running strong
Wiki Edits: 0

Big low spot on the roof corner

I have a big low area on the corner or where the roof starts to bend down,well its in the bend. This is a 78 Camaro w/t-tops, the low area starts at the opening of the t-top an extends back to the channel where the back glass sits, about 10" long an 5" wide.Also is right at where the roof was leaded in. I didn't want to use filler to fix it, but was wanting to use heat to hopefully pull it tight.If I was to use a propane torch should I heat the area above an below the low spot or on the low it self. I'm worried about the lead. I haven't looked yet at the bottom of the roof as the head liner is still in their, I'm gonna yank it out today,maybe I can slide something between the framing( if their is any) to push up. The bend is fairly sharp if I did use filler my longest board (20" long) won't be able to handle that much of an angle.Plus the sand paper would bunch up when bent.So I thought heating it up an using as little filler as I could would be best. So should I use heat an where to heat it up at? Or filler,an how I should sand it?