Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Big Time Car Girl
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

79C10, I am not in advertising. Marketing is just a facinating science to me. I have studied some on the subject and it is just interesting to me.

Advertising, shelf location, package design, price, promotional give-aways, samples, baseball caps and shirts with the products name on it, it is ALL "Marketing". It all is SUPER research based. The new Toyota Tundra ads for instance. They took a big gamble and went with the I HAVE MUSCLES LIKE A REAL TRUCK SHOULD montra and SHOWING it as opposed to the the big three just "telling you" it had muscles.

Like I said, you buying the Coors because the Corona ad got you thirsty manipulated you. It DID, it didn't get you to the Corona THIS TIME, but like I said, at the next neighborhood BBQ, you may just pick one up.

Would Marlboro still sell as many cigs if they stopped advertising, HELL NO they wouldn't. They don't spend about 100 million dollars (I am probably pretty close to their advertising budget) each year to throw away money!

By the way Chevrolets advertising budget is about $250 million a year!! That is as I remember reading years ago.

I am not offended in any way. I am just chatting about a subject I find interesting.

By the way, have you ever been to McDonalds with a child and bought a happy meal, you were lead by marketing.

Brian