Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigs Carbs...scammers!

18K views 38 replies 6 participants last post by  TRAILERKING 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Welcome to the board.. :welcome:
You have made 4 almost identical posts in the last 40 minutes, all of them with a link to the same website. (which does not work :confused: )

This is considered spam.

If you are dissatisfied with a company, please create a new thread describing the problem, instead of spamming our forums.

Later,

mikey

#4 ·
Actually the link does work. I am not trying SPAM anything. Just trying to let people know about these scum bags that's all.

July 24, 2008

Dear Mr. Jesse(if that’s your real name);

I have been running a reputable business for over 11 years. I cannot believe what I have just encountered. A while after I purchased your product, but not received yet, I was advised by another business acquaintance if I can cancel the order. I asked WHY would I want to do that? Now I understand fully.

We are absolutely STUNNED at what you people are doing over the ever powerful Internet. I can’t understand how you can run a business and it’s not your practice to issue invoices…..I now see what you are flogging in the market place.
I now see I bought a Proform part #67209 with a “splashy” paint job. I see where you pry of the metering blocks(screw driver marks on top), give it your “Ceramic Kiln Baked Coating”(which has a BIGS thumb print on the top of the fuel bowls of both carbs), then install the custom decals and name plate(which I already peeled off in rage), then finally scribble down some numbers on your spec/flow bench card which you freshly run off your ink jet printer.
I could have bought this PFM 67209 for just around $625.00 U.S.

I may as well start repacking COMP CAMS in my own splashy packaging and advertise all over telling people that “WE” do all these custom grinds in house to your spec’s.

This article will be very beneficial advertised all over the powerful Internet for all your customers and prospective customers to read…………..Don’t you think?
I’m sure the Tax Man would be quite interested the way you conduct business also.

This is now your new name BIGSCAM! Have a great day Mr. Con Man.

#5 ·
Mr Moderator sorry about the multiple posting I just wanted to let people know by replying in any thread that involved BIGS CARBS.

The average guy is always impressed.
They appear to be BIG E-bayers with good feed back. Everyone is impressed at how they put the carb on their motor and runs awesome. Well that's the way the Proform carbs are straight out of the box. I've sold lot's of the Proform carbs and components and all were very impressed with the "Straight Outta The Box" performance. I contacted Proform and they were not too impressed and are looking into it further. The Proform tech guy gave me all the standard spec's of the said carb and low and behold........guess what. EVERYTHING and I mean everything from jetting and 30cc pumps and .035 squirters right down to the 4.5 power valve was the standard Proform combo.
Which personally with the cam I have I don't think it should even be having a power valve.

To the average guy no one would know any different. Looks splashy, runs good............only difference is you are paying them $200.00-$300.00 for them to disassemble the Proform carb, paint it and reassemble it. Add a few decals and people are WHOOOO HOOOO great product.

I want everyone to know about these donkeys so they don't get burnt.
Next step is to contact the IRS and see what they think of their business practices.

No invoices issued.
When I asked them to at least scribble a bit of a bill of sale and fax it to me. They quickly replied...........We don't own a fax machine.
What the........
BIGSCAM

#6 · (Edited)
OK, that's a better way to start off, :thumbup: without several identical posts, (which, BTW, I dumped and or deleted..because they were duplicate posts)

When anyone here clicks on your link, we just get a racingjunk.com login page...

That's a poor way for a guy to do business. I wonder why he has good feedback on ebay, with so many people becoming more detail conscious? Thumbprints in the paint are not indicative of good workmanship or professional at all.

I understand that ebay is linking up with the tax boards in various states, , so that sales tax can be collected and charged on every taxable sale, instead of just the honest ebayers. IRS should be picking up on that one too.

Sometimes if you post on a web forum like this, and can point the seller to the thread, they get real agreeable to straightening things out...Some don't like the word getting out, some don't care.

Hope this helps.

Later, mikey

#7 ·
http://www.bigsperformance.com/

bigsperformance 100% feedback on eBay

Lookup reboxing, value added, custom, and you may learn a few things.

The internet is just like a big yellow page phone book (if you know what that is). All it does is make you aware of products and vendors.

It can not/does not prevent stupid people from making stupid mistakes.

Research and testing is still the way to determine if a product is as advertised. Try it, you may learn the answers to your questions/concerns BEFORE your purchase.

Did you spend as much time investigating and evaluating YOUR BIGS purchase PRIOR to purchasing?

Have you actualy called the company to discuss your concerns?

Did you investigate the companies invoice/receipt methods PRIOR to your purchase?

Are all your complaints over cosmetic problems?

Does your (purchase) problem concern the amount Bigs charged, over the stock part price?

Who/what is the problem, you or the 500 plus liars on eBay?

#8 ·
OHD said:
http://www.bigsperformance.com/

bigsperformance 100% feedback on eBay

Lookup reboxing, value added, custom, and you may learn a few things.

The internet is just like a big yellow page phone book (if you know what that is). All it does is make you aware of products and vendors.

It can not/does not prevent stupid people from making stupid mistakes.

Research and testing is still the way to determine if a product is as advertised. Try it, you may learn the answers to your questions/concerns BEFORE your purchase.

Did you spend as much time investigating and evaluating YOUR BIGS purchase PRIOR to purchasing?

Have you actualy called the company to discuss your concerns?

Did you investigate the companies invoice/receipt methods PRIOR to your purchase?

Are all your complaints over cosmetic problems?

Does your (purchase) problem concern the amount Bigs charged, over the stock part price?

Who/what is the problem, you or the 500 plus liars on eBay?
Yes the feed back is 100% on E-Bay. People are amazed at how perfect the carb works when they get it. Just bolt it on and go.........no problems. Well yes that's exactly what the Proform carb is and does. They are taking the $600.00 Proform carb and flogging it as a custom configured BIGS carb for over $1,000.00.
I am strictly letting other people know about them. This is strictly for people that are interested to know. I can see you are not interested in my information. It's almost like you're missing the boat. Read my original post which was a letter directly E-Mailed to the infamous Jesse then you might have answered all your questions.

Later,
Bernie

#9 ·
Did you flow the carb? Did you test it on a dyno against a standard Proform carb?

If not then you cannot say it is exactly the same.

And just a thought....

50 bucks an hour to disassemble, hot coat, and reassemble would be about 6 hours labor.

thats a 300 dollar difference. Sounds like they are just doing business.

#10 ·
I'm glad that TRAILERKING shared his experience with us...

If no one ever told their side of a story on a forum like this, there would not be much to look at if a guy was to research what they wanted to buy.

At least it gives a different perspective.

Later, mikey

#11 ·
I would bet, with their volume, Bigs does not pay anywhere near 600 for the carbs, prior to modifing either. So complain like heck about that too...

While you are at it check the box for sharp edges that can cause those nasty paper cuts .... :rolleyes:

POST some pictures of your carbs' defects so people can see who is pulling what... ;)

#13 ·
OHD- I edited your post so that people would know who you were quoting.

Later,
mikey,
(floating away on his internet BS bubble. :) )

#14 ·
Hey poster.. trailer guy

Please explain the costs that were charged for that custom one of a kind color "candy purple" you "required" and was mixed then applied for the one of the 2 carbs ordered..

Please tell the board about your buddies carb, ya know the other one in that order.

Please explain why your buddy is calling Bigs apologizing for your actions, seems he loves his carb..

Please let everyone know NOTHING SATISFIES YOU..and You are the perfect example of a customer that NOBODY WANTS OR NEEDS....

PS: Jessie said to tell you your little stunts are NOT WORKING....his customers LOVE HIS DEDICATION TO HIS CARBS MODIFICATIONS AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION even YOUR FRIEND.....

hey moderator, time for the dump yet????

#15 ·
OHD said:
Hey poster.. trailer guy

Please explain the costs that were charged for that custom one of a kind color "candy purple" you "required" and was mixed then applied for the one of the 2 carbs ordered..

Please tell the board about your buddies carb, ya know the other one in that order.

Please explain why your buddy is calling Bigs apologizing for your actions, seems he loves his carb..

Please let everyone know NOTHING SATISFIES YOU..and You are the perfect example of a customer that NOBODY WANTS OR NEEDS....

PS: Jessie said to tell you your little stunts are NOT WORKING....his customers LOVE HIS DEDICATION TO HIS CARBS MODIFICATIONS AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION even YOUR FRIEND.....

When a fairly new member like yourself posts with so much unwarranted sarcasm and anger towards another poster, you can't help but wonder.. :confused:

Later, mikey

#16 ·
powerrodsmike said:
When a fairly new member like yourself posts with so much unwarranted sarcasm and anger towards another poster, you can't help but wonder.. :confused:

Later, mikey
OHD was all over a guy in another thread that had some poor machine work done and was unhappy.
He seems to think everyone but him does any research before they buy anything. Too bad really, since this is a site that is supposed to be here to help others and not chastise them for mistakes.
Perhaps the issue here is a customer that cannot be satisfied but maybe it is poor product. Let the product supplier fight his battles for himself. :spank:

#17 ·
Double_v23 said:
Did you flow the carb? Did you test it on a dyno against a standard Proform carb?

If not then you cannot say it is exactly the same.

And just a thought....

50 bucks an hour to disassemble, hot coat, and reassemble would be about 6 hours labor.

thats a 300 dollar difference. Sounds like they are just doing business.
No flow test....I don't imagine they did either. They supply a card with penciled in numbers of jet sizes, air bleeds sizes, power valve sizes, shooter sizes. Guess what when open up the carb and go through everything and talk to the Proform tech dep't. it's all just a Proform carb. Nothing is modified and custom configured to your combo. I sell lots of Proform products and quite familiar with the guts and workmanship. The so called hot coat.....not. Should not be thumb prints in it.
Bottom line they are NOT custom configuring anything other than a paint job.
I can't see why you would be defending them unless your...........

#18 ·
OHD said:
Hey poster.. trailer guy

NOW it's all clear now why you are against my informative post so bad. You're actually in bed with Mr. Bigs, no punn intended. As far as the two carbs yes they were sent both to my shop. As far as you say my buddy appologizing for my actions. He would have had to do what ever he had to do to satisfy the Bigs Boys to make his order right because the carb was not a match for his combo either (like the 4.5 power valve)plug instead, jets, accel. pump, pump cams, etc.
They have never got back to me to make anything right or even respond to anything. I don't really care either. Just letting other people know and beware.
They talk the talk ........................then they get your money.
The power of the internet. :smash:
Cheers OHD.
Bernie

#19 ·
"OHD was all over a guy in another thread that had some poor machine work done and was unhappy.
He seems to think everyone but him does any research before they buy anything. Too bad really, since this is a site that is supposed to be here to help others and not chastise them for mistakes.
Perhaps the issue here is a customer that cannot be satisfied but maybe it is poor product. Let the product supplier fight his battles for himself. "

#1- the 1st guy forced parts into a block with out measuring them and broke additional parts....duh...Then never returned after bashing AND wanting the PART SUPPLIER TO FIX/PAY FOR HIS SCREWUPS..

AS TO THIS THREAD: Bigs Carbs supplies good service/parts and IF I take the time to reply to a "basher" of a vendor I have personal knowledge about the "PERCEIVED problem'. Do YOU, when you post?

This guy "trailer", never answers direct questions or post pictures. GEE I WONDER WHY.....

If the bashing is just meant as an feeble attempt to affect the guys business or reputation, I QUESTION THE "BASHER" POSTS, HIS SIDE WILL OR WILL NOT COME OUT, IT ALWAYS DOES, THEN LET THE OTHERS MAKE THEIR OWN JUDGEMENT...

#21 ·
What do you want me to post pictures of?? What unanswered direct questions?? I think I explained quite clearly. Read my first post fully. You are the one that puts everyone out to be the bad guy. I don't understand you too well. I could place all my bets on you...............I think you have some sort of attention deficit disorder. You should get it checked out. :thumbup:

#22 ·
I have a few questions - hopefully you can answer them - I'll number them so you can reply directly:

1. When you received the product with flaws in the bowls (fingerprint and scratch marks) - did you call the seller, politely explain there was a problem with the bowls, and ask politely if they could send you a new set?

2. How does the carb perform on your engine?

3. If you are a big resaler of Proform carbs and know the in's and out's of them why wouldn't you use a Proform to begin with?

Thanks for your time.

#23 ·
Koolaid said:
I have a few questions - hopefully you can answer them - I'll number them so you can reply directly:

1. When you received the product with flaws in the bowls (fingerprint and scratch marks) - did you call the seller, politely explain there was a problem with the bowls, and ask politely if they could send you a new set?

3. If you are a big resaler of Proform carbs and know the in's and out's of them why wouldn't you use a Proform to begin with?

Thanks for your time.
Again I have said before there is absolutely nothing wrong with Proform. However we were led to believe that we were getting carbs from these Bigs Guys custom configured to our combo's.............I did call to talk to them about my disappointment and Jesse's partner (which could be OHD) was in complete denial on what I had to say. Actually quite rude for being such a high caliber business :rolleyes:
I understand some people are happy with them. However they are likely unaware of what they are really getting. Nothing custom built for your combo.
The Proform carb would do the same because that's exactly what you are getting. My car has quite a motor in it. It's a full tube chassis race car. My cam doesn't even make any vacc. to accomodate a power valve. So what are they actually doing? Nothing. They ask all the question to make it appear they know what they are doing and you are getting a custom configured carb. I'm not out to get any compensation from these clowns just want others to know what's actually happening and be aware. There are REAL carb builders out there.
That's my beef.

#25 ·
Koolaid said:

Thanks for your time.
(1)Yes called. Partner is idiot. No I don't want any more crap from them.
(2)Doesn't.
(3)My combo needs a better carb than the off the shelf Proform. Proform one would be fine for a milder combo.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.