Bigs Carbs...scammers! - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 10:08 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey poster.. trailer guy

Please explain the costs that were charged for that custom one of a kind color "candy purple" you "required" and was mixed then applied for the one of the 2 carbs ordered..

Please tell the board about your buddies carb, ya know the other one in that order.

Please explain why your buddy is calling Bigs apologizing for your actions, seems he loves his carb..

Please let everyone know NOTHING SATISFIES YOU..and You are the perfect example of a customer that NOBODY WANTS OR NEEDS....

PS: Jessie said to tell you your little stunts are NOT WORKING....his customers LOVE HIS DEDICATION TO HIS CARBS MODIFICATIONS AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION even YOUR FRIEND.....

hey moderator, time for the dump yet????

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHD
Hey poster.. trailer guy

Please explain the costs that were charged for that custom one of a kind color "candy purple" you "required" and was mixed then applied for the one of the 2 carbs ordered..

Please tell the board about your buddies carb, ya know the other one in that order.

Please explain why your buddy is calling Bigs apologizing for your actions, seems he loves his carb..

Please let everyone know NOTHING SATISFIES YOU..and You are the perfect example of a customer that NOBODY WANTS OR NEEDS....

PS: Jessie said to tell you your little stunts are NOT WORKING....his customers LOVE HIS DEDICATION TO HIS CARBS MODIFICATIONS AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION even YOUR FRIEND.....

When a fairly new member like yourself posts with so much unwarranted sarcasm and anger towards another poster, you can't help but wonder..

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 10-02-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerrodsmike
When a fairly new member like yourself posts with so much unwarranted sarcasm and anger towards another poster, you can't help but wonder..

Later, mikey
OHD was all over a guy in another thread that had some poor machine work done and was unhappy.
He seems to think everyone but him does any research before they buy anything. Too bad really, since this is a site that is supposed to be here to help others and not chastise them for mistakes.
Perhaps the issue here is a customer that cannot be satisfied but maybe it is poor product. Let the product supplier fight his battles for himself.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:27 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_v23
Did you flow the carb? Did you test it on a dyno against a standard Proform carb?

If not then you cannot say it is exactly the same.

And just a thought....

50 bucks an hour to disassemble, hot coat, and reassemble would be about 6 hours labor.

thats a 300 dollar difference. Sounds like they are just doing business.
No flow test....I don't imagine they did either. They supply a card with penciled in numbers of jet sizes, air bleeds sizes, power valve sizes, shooter sizes. Guess what when open up the carb and go through everything and talk to the Proform tech dep't. it's all just a Proform carb. Nothing is modified and custom configured to your combo. I sell lots of Proform products and quite familiar with the guts and workmanship. The so called hot coat.....not. Should not be thumb prints in it.
Bottom line they are NOT custom configuring anything other than a paint job.
I can't see why you would be defending them unless your...........
Old 10-02-2008, 11:54 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHD
Hey poster.. trailer guy

NOW it's all clear now why you are against my informative post so bad. You're actually in bed with Mr. Bigs, no punn intended. As far as the two carbs yes they were sent both to my shop. As far as you say my buddy appologizing for my actions. He would have had to do what ever he had to do to satisfy the Bigs Boys to make his order right because the carb was not a match for his combo either (like the 4.5 power valve)plug instead, jets, accel. pump, pump cams, etc.
They have never got back to me to make anything right or even respond to anything. I don't really care either. Just letting other people know and beware.
They talk the talk ........................then they get your money.
The power of the internet.
Cheers OHD.
Bernie
Old 10-02-2008, 12:15 PM

Last photo:

"OHD was all over a guy in another thread that had some poor machine work done and was unhappy.
He seems to think everyone but him does any research before they buy anything. Too bad really, since this is a site that is supposed to be here to help others and not chastise them for mistakes.
Perhaps the issue here is a customer that cannot be satisfied but maybe it is poor product. Let the product supplier fight his battles for himself. "

#1- the 1st guy forced parts into a block with out measuring them and broke additional parts....duh...Then never returned after bashing AND wanting the PART SUPPLIER TO FIX/PAY FOR HIS SCREWUPS..

AS TO THIS THREAD: Bigs Carbs supplies good service/parts and IF I take the time to reply to a "basher" of a vendor I have personal knowledge about the "PERCEIVED problem'. Do YOU, when you post?

This guy "trailer", never answers direct questions or post pictures. GEE I WONDER WHY.....

If the bashing is just meant as an feeble attempt to affect the guys business or reputation, I QUESTION THE "BASHER" POSTS, HIS SIDE WILL OR WILL NOT COME OUT, IT ALWAYS DOES, THEN LET THE OTHERS MAKE THEIR OWN JUDGEMENT...
Old 10-02-2008, 12:25 PM

Last photo:

Thanks Bernie, you proved my point...
Old 10-02-2008, 01:24 PM

Last photo:

What do you want me to post pictures of?? What unanswered direct questions?? I think I explained quite clearly. Read my first post fully. You are the one that puts everyone out to be the bad guy. I don't understand you too well. I could place all my bets on you...............I think you have some sort of attention deficit disorder. You should get it checked out.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:45 PM

Last photo:

I have a few questions - hopefully you can answer them - I'll number them so you can reply directly:

1. When you received the product with flaws in the bowls (fingerprint and scratch marks) - did you call the seller, politely explain there was a problem with the bowls, and ask politely if they could send you a new set?

2. How does the carb perform on your engine?

3. If you are a big resaler of Proform carbs and know the in's and out's of them why wouldn't you use a Proform to begin with?

Thanks for your time.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:04 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid
I have a few questions - hopefully you can answer them - I'll number them so you can reply directly:

1. When you received the product with flaws in the bowls (fingerprint and scratch marks) - did you call the seller, politely explain there was a problem with the bowls, and ask politely if they could send you a new set?

3. If you are a big resaler of Proform carbs and know the in's and out's of them why wouldn't you use a Proform to begin with?

Thanks for your time.
Again I have said before there is absolutely nothing wrong with Proform. However we were led to believe that we were getting carbs from these Bigs Guys custom configured to our combo's.............I did call to talk to them about my disappointment and Jesse's partner (which could be OHD) was in complete denial on what I had to say. Actually quite rude for being such a high caliber business
I understand some people are happy with them. However they are likely unaware of what they are really getting. Nothing custom built for your combo.
The Proform carb would do the same because that's exactly what you are getting. My car has quite a motor in it. It's a full tube chassis race car. My cam doesn't even make any vacc. to accomodate a power valve. So what are they actually doing? Nothing. They ask all the question to make it appear they know what they are doing and you are getting a custom configured carb. I'm not out to get any compensation from these clowns just want others to know what's actually happening and be aware. There are REAL carb builders out there.
That's my beef.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:07 PM

Last photo:

Ok - so could you answer my questions?
Old 10-02-2008, 02:13 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid

Thanks for your time.
(1)Yes called. Partner is idiot. No I don't want any more crap from them.
(2)Doesn't.
(3)My combo needs a better carb than the off the shelf Proform. Proform one would be fine for a milder combo.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:23 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for answering my questions.

Sounds like a good item to chalk up as a learning experience, throw up on Ebay, and buy what you need from someone else that you trust.

Good luck.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Horsepower Enthusiast

Last journal entry: Finished BMOD001FH
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAILERKING
No flow test....I don't imagine they did either.

I can't see why you would be defending them unless your...........

I am not defending just wondering if you have any hard evidence that the carb is not better than a standard proform.

Just think of it like I am the voice of the other 500 people who didn't have a problem with paying an extra 300 bucks for something that looks custom and performs just like it is supposed to.

I feel bad that you feel like you got screwed but instead of tearing off stickers in a rage you should have just sent it back and asked for a refund. That is how America works...if you have legitimate problems with something you purchased then you get your money back or you get something that works.

Why would you buy a custom carb off of ebay anyways?
Old 10-02-2008, 09:24 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_v23
I am not defending just wondering if you have any hard evidence that the carb is not better than a standard proform.

Just think of it like I am the voice of the other 500 people who didn't have a problem with paying an extra 300 bucks for something that looks custom and performs just like it is supposed to.

I feel bad that you feel like you got screwed but instead of tearing off stickers in a rage you should have just sent it back and asked for a refund. That is how America works...if you have legitimate problems with something you purchased then you get your money back or you get something that works.

Why would you buy a custom carb off of ebay anyways?
WOW does this ever get escalated out of proportion.
(1)The clowns state it is non returnable because it is custom made to your specs.
(2)I never bought it off E-Bay, I don't know who said I did. I purchased/ordered direct from them over the phone.
(3)The 500 other satisfied people you talk about I am glad for them. There is no reason the carbs they got shouldn't work on their mild motors.
That's fine but that off the shelf, blinged up and painted carb does not work on my race motor. Reason being because they do nothing to the carbs other than paint the main body and bowls.
That's the difference in getting a carb custom configured to your combo...................The Bigs guys do absolutely nothing other than lead you to believe they are custom carb builders.
Bottom line they are not advertising as custom painted Proform carbs. They advertise custom built carbs to your combo.
THAT'S THE WHOLE PROBLEM.
I'm not out to bad mouth or try get something for nothing.
They are not supplying what they are advertising.
Plain and simple.

Last edited by TRAILERKING; 10-03-2008 at 07:56 AM.
Closed Thread

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.