Bikini Wax - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2004, 11:09 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

i dont know what kind of paint your car was painted with. i didnt read the whole thread but my car <--- was painted with basic factory style BB/CC, i dont know who made it but do like i did: ask the painter what is best.
in my case my painter said NOT to ever wax it. i never have except for the "wishbone" inthe front of my car. it still looks like he just painted it. but it spends every night inside a garage and i dont usually drive it iin the rain. i drive it everyday i can tho which is pretty much every day. it's rad. just wash it and screw the whole wax issue. but thanks for the bikini wax visual. i think i'll get one WHHHHOAA! (NOT!)

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2004, 01:59 PM

Yes, show car glaze is popular and a great product for shows because it never truly dries. However it is very temporary and can be a pain to work with because of its nature. I am a huge fan of Speed Glaze, its abrasives break down quickly and it does add a little protection, but it is not a wax or sealant. As far as not waxing, there is tons of discussion over when to wax according to the paint but I have never heard to not wax it. The wax is only going to protect the paint and deepen the gloss.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:34 AM

Last photo:
Location: Justice, Illinois (bred, born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky)

Quote:
Originally posted by norcal
I'm sure Rod and Custom Show Gloss is a great product and gives you excellent results but I have never heard in the detailing world of a product that can last that long yet, The most durable product line around is Zaino, which applied properly has given people protection for most of the year.
I think I will post up: History of Protective Coatings. This will educate most of you on waxes, polishes and polymers. I've spent most of my life in the Protective Coatings and Automotive Industry. Education in the fields of waxes, polishes and polymers is essential when choosing a product to apply to a vehicle.

Zaino is NOT the most durable product on the market and it DOES NOT last most of the year! Zaino is a WAX. Nothing more and nothing less.

Just because you have no heard of Rod & Custom in your "detailing world", it lasts much longer than any product on the market. No other product can claim to do what Rod & Custom can do. Not even Zaino. I'd like to know where you got your information on the "detailing world" as you are very incorrect!!!

I am not going to get into a "p*ssing" match over what an individual choses to apply to their vehicle. I know what works and what doesn't. And before one states such factual information, an individual should be well informed, knowledgeable and educated.

I posted a new thread: HISTORY OF PROTECTIVE COATINGS. Hopefully, this will educate individuals on protective coatings for their vehicles.

Quote:
Originally posted by bullheimer
my car <--- was painted with basic factory style BB/CC ... in my case my painter said NOT to ever wax it ... just wash it and screw the whole wax issue...
I totally agree with the individual that painted your vehicle when he said:

NOT TO EVER WAX IT!

He is right! Waxes and most polishes contain clay soil, which is an abrasive. What is clay coil??? It's just what it says it is -- DIRT! Why would anyone want to put dirt on their car? And, since most waxes and polishes contain abrasives, such as clay soil, they will scratch your vehicle. Where do you think you get swirl marks from? It's from abrasives in the wax or polish.

That's why I do not use a wax or a polish. I do not use anything with any type of abrasive. And I use a product that has the highest UV Block protectant on the market.

However, I do believe that new paint should be protected by a urethane polymer, which is basically a clear coat, that has UV Block protectant in it. Why would anyone spend all that money to have their vehicle painted, and then not protect it from oxidation, sun fade, bugs, corrosion, water spotting, etc.? Again, that is why I use the product I do. To me, it's the best on the market and I only have to apply it about every 18 to 24 months. Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme does all that and much more. And, before any of my vehicles that I've just painted ever see daylight, I apply Rod & Custom as I want the finish to be protected.

Last edited by babe_n_indy; 08-04-2004 at 09:34 AM.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.