bill of sale in va - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2011, 07:16 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

bill of sale in va

I am selling a old truck of mine today and have no title what do I need to put on the bill of sale and how big of a pain will it be for the other man to get a title

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 07:52 AM

Last photo:

bill of sale

him getting a title?? its really not your problem.. he/she should already have done the leg work on that or he is just wasting his time... for me, i'd put down any and all infor u can muster up. vin if u have one, receipts for everything connected to the sale. more info is better then not enough with a bill of sale... sale..
Old 10-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawarebill
him getting a title?? its really not your problem.. ..
I believe it is the seller's responsibility to provide complete and legal documentation to sell a vehicle that is potentially going to be titled.

The buyer getting a title, can in fact be a major problem in some states if all he has is a Bill Of Sale.

I would not suggest that anyone purchase a vehicle without a clear title (in a state that does provide titles) or a registration for non-title states in addition to a Notarized Bill Of Sale.

Some states only provide a registration certificate for vehicles that are older than some specific year.

If the sale is for a non factory production vehicle where a MSO has never been issued, then a Bill Of Sale is about all you can get. Getting a title may be almost impossible in some states.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson1930
I am selling a old truck of mine today and have no title what do I need to put on the bill of sale and how big of a pain will it be for the other man to get a title
The Bill Of Sale should have the date, the buyers full name, the seller's full name and address, the price or legal consideration received for the sale, the complete description of the vehicle including the serial number or VIN, year and make and model of the vehicle. If it is a parts vehicle only, that should be stated as well. Having the Bill Of Sale Notarized will help and is required in some states.

The buyer and the seller should get a copy of the Bill Of Sale.

Depending on the state, getting a title can be difficult and time consuming.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:55 AM

Last photo:

I agree with all u said fisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco
The Bill Of Sale should have the date, the buyers full name, the seller's full name and address, the price or legal consideration received for the sale, the complete description of the vehicle including the serial number or VIN, year and make and model of the vehicle. If it is a parts vehicle only, that should be stated as well. Having the Bill Of Sale Notarized will help and is required in some states.

The buyer and the seller should get a copy of the Bill Of Sale.

Depending on the state, getting a title can be difficult and time consuming.
but its still the BUYER that needs to know what is required... i don't know what your state needs.. as i said more info is better then not enough...
Old 10-16-2011, 10:19 AM

Last journal entry: A few ongoing projects
Last photo:

I believe it will be dependent on what Va requires for paperwork. If it is a non title state for older vehicles then the Bill of sell should suffice. If Va requires a title on older (all) vehicles then it is the sellers responsibility to provide the title unless the buyers is willing to take a chance on getting a title.....usually a painfull experience.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:09 PM
No substitute for cubic inches

Last photo:

Swanson it may take you going to the DMV here in VA with the buyer in order for him/her to get vehicle titled and or registered.

I have had to get this done a couple times when titles had been lost. VA is not very friendly when it comes to titling with out documentation.

HTH,
Tony
Old 10-16-2011, 05:22 PM

Last photo:

I believe if you were the last title holder you can go to the DMV and for a fee they will provide a new printed title. I did this several years back when I sold an old jeep. Hopefully this still holds true

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.