Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - biometric rfid keyless entry
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Rich Lackey

Last journal entry: Rich Lackey is back on Hotrodders!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
That is very interesting about using RFID's to identify a large amount of different instruments in one small area. I see what you mean about the lack of industry standards though. The system might be useful for library books -- they have unified numbers that refer to them (ISBN numbers). Or...maybe fruits and vegetables. The identifying codes for those are the same in most US supermarkets. Once RFID technology gets smaller, tiny chips could be inserted into common fruits and vegetables. Consuming an RFID tag wouldn't be any worse than accidentally eating the little number-label sticker on the skin of an apple. I wonder if those things pass through the digestive cycle without harm?

This stuff is being linked to the biblical concept of "the mark of the beast". I've even seen RFID tags being referred to as the "666 microchip"!
I don't really mean to take this off topic, but I think that thinking that RFID tags have anything to do with the mark of the beast displays a serious misinterpretation and misunderstanding of revelations. This of course is up to interpretation I suppose. This isn't aimed at anyone who has posted above, it's just because you guys have got me thinking about it now.

People seem to forget or not know that a lot of what is spoken about and understood as end times prophecy actually took place already during the history of the early church and the severe persecutions by the Romans.

Of course it also has prophetic reference to things that have not yet happened, but I don't really see how a RFID tag could have anything to do with the mark of the beast if you actually study the scriptures.

It goes along with the same line of thinking that credit cards are the mark of the beast, or bank accounts, or a whole array of equally rediculous rubbish that some people get in thier heads.

People need to pull thier heads out of the sand and actually read, and not just read but study inductively, as well as keeping a church pew warm every Sunday.

Hey 4-Jaw, were the two Alanis albums you mentioned released before Jagged Little Pill?

Hmm, I guess I did take this off topic. Sorry about that everybody!

Rich