Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleeding the Clutch Slave

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SSedan64 
#1 ·
Hi. Im new to the board and need a lot of help!
I have a 95 Camaro Z28 and i let my roommate borrow it to go to work. i just drove it today and when I push the clutch in, it starts making a loud knocking noise. I traced the noise to the slave cylinder. I removed the slave and found little chunks of metal in the spacer area. I bought a new slave and tried bleeding the system. I kept the Master full and had a friend pump the brakes while I held the disconnected line, from the slave, in my hand. I KEPT MY FINGER OVER THE HOLE AND HAD HIM PUMP THE BRAKE ABOUT 30 TIMES THEN he held the pedal to the floor and I RELEased the air. i did this until just little drips of fluid came out. i took the slave and filled it with fluid (dot 3, brake) and then reattached it to the line. i pumped the slave until air bubbles came out of the master and when there were no more, i reattached the slave to the tranny. SAME Problem!! Please help, Im totally lost.

#2 ·
when bleeding the slave cylinder you want to push the pedal slowly, not quickly, any air that's in the line will turn into tiny air bubbles if hte pedal is pumped quickly. you want to push slowly so you don't brake up the bubbles. when you think you have all the air out, have the bleeder open and push the pushrod in so that you can release any air trapped there.

or try using a one person bleeder kit. open the bleeder, put on a hose, keep the master cylinder full, keep pumping till the air is out, close the bleeder.

hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.