Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Blending color , clearing panel
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 03:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Blending color , clearing panel

I had to do a small repair on a trunk lid and bumper. Color silver/gold . Pretty new to blending. 3inch repair in center of trunk. Repaired area , scotchbite scuff paste rest of panel . Applied dbc 500 clear base to panel. Applied DBC color to repair area until covered. Mixed 50/50 with 500 blender and feathered into rest of panel staying about 6 inches away quarters. Cleared and looked fine on driveway and in shop. Problem had about 3 spots on bumper to repair , all on rear of bumper not sides . Spotted in with color each repair area and blended out a little. Looked at it outside and could see where I started and stopped between repair areas. Silverish what I sprayed and goldish original. looked fine within 3 feet but whan I stepped back about 12 ft more noticeable. Back in garage , basically colored rear of bumper and stopped where it starts to wrap around . Cleared looks alot better . Give me some advice " no matter how small the repair do you have to spray color almost on complete panel stayng 6- 8 inches away from next panel " ?? Are solid colors the same situation ? Seems like to me on that bumper if I had colored half of it and stopped in the middle it would have still been noticable. I just thought colors blending better than that . Give me some advice , Thanks