Blending dbc base color mis-match - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2011, 11:42 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Blending dbc base color mis-match

I started with emerald green with 2021 over it. Over that I laid out some flames. I shot them with a slightly darker green, then I shot some pearl in DBC 500 around the edges. The pearl in DBC seemed to get absorbed by the green and didn't stand out at all. So I shot a layer of 2021, wetsanded, then re-shot the pearl. It looked much better, so I then cleared everything.

My issue now is, that I shot the fames on the hood at a different time from the rest of the front end, and the base green doesn't match. I'm thinking that I'll have to re-shoot the flames again, but I don't want to shot a coat of clear separating the green base and the pearl. It was just a lot of work wetsanding and taping the flames a second time.

My question is... If I spray a coat of DBC 500 between the green and the pearl, will it work the same as the layer of clear? Or, am I going to have to do a separtaing coat of clear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.