Hot Rod Forum banner

Blinker Fluid - Funny non existant stuff

56K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  LATECH 
#1 ·
How about naming some of your favorite fictional funkiness of non existant automotive terminology, like blinker fluid, or muffler bearings.

Next.....:thumbup:

#5 ·
Dual Nickel-plated high compression dipsticks :thumbup:

15lb Lever-vent radiator cap for a 1973 Volkswagen bug. (try asking the Wal-Mart "automotive dept." for one of those.) :evil:

Left-handed titanium metric crecent wrenches

"710 Cap" ... (It's a blonde joke, LOL)

"Board Stretcher" ... (I cut it twice and it's still too short!)

Perhaps this nice lady was sent out to measure her muffler bearings? :evil:

#7 ·
I think the Kikkly pin may have worked loose on the Foo-Foo spring, causing the battery to stop batting. That can only be fixed from underneath the curmiddle and it is really serious because otherwise the framistat could fail letting all the zortle grease leak out. So she is fixing exactly the right thing.

#12 ·
In the mid 70's I hired a green kid as a "gopher". We sent him to the local speed shop for checkered paint in a spray bomb and not to let the guys there to try and sell him any bigger sizes. Phoned my buddy at the speed shop and told him the story and told him to play along and that he only had it in gallon cans.

The poor kid got mad at the speed shop owner and told him that he expected him to be an ***hole because his boss (me) told him this would happen and he demanded the spray bomb.

How about "sky hooks" for pulling engines outside?

Told my sister-in law many years ago that cream hardner for body filler would help clear up her acne because it contained peroxide. She was willing to try it but I would't let her.

Cam shafts made of a special rubber so that when the engine revs up the cam starts stretching and expanding to give you more lift. Brother in law looked for weeks to buy one.

There's got to be a lot more I've tried to pull off, I'll keep on thinking.

#16 ·
I'm thinking about ordering some of those items, (like the "elbow grease") just to have in stock at the NAPA store that I work at. The entertainment value alone ...

Maybe I'll hang a length of chain with a hook from the rafters with some 30 lb fishing line and see what kind of reaction we get! :D

#20 ·
Not quite as fictional , but often mis understood, would be flight line and prop wash.
SSgt. Brazitis sent me to the CO s office to get a requisition for some flight line and prop wash, back when I was in the USAF. The CO said.." you must be from SSgt Brazitis' Class" , I replied "yes sir".
He sent me back to my class, and stopped in to visit just moments later.
The whole class was rollin on the floor. :D

#23 ·
beings me back to my first dealership I worked in ..as a h/s student..
sadly the top tech thought he was gonna be funny and wanted me to get off the snapon truck a left handed set of tools, screwdriver/metal shears/sizzors/and pliers...
sadly for him I'm left handed and out in the land of fruits and nuts.. they have a left handed store.. and while out there my grand ma ever year would get me a left handed tool...
the look on his face when I said "we don't have to wait for the tool truck, I have it right here.. " he almost turned pale white... and didn't like the stamping on them from the lefthanded tool co... cali,usa
I did tell him I didn't have a lefthand smoke bender tho...
hahahahahhahahha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.