Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Blitz Black part deaux
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 07:03 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Heres the deal on Blitz Black aka Valspar Tractor and implement paint Low Gloss Black, it is what it is an affordable Alkyd Enamel paint that is easy to shoot and if you buy the hardener will last for several years.

Would I shoot it YES, have I, YES again first time was on a 66 Impala and just again today on an 82 Vette, yep thats right I painted a Vette with it and now the Vette crowd can cringe and cry foul, but heres the deal its the look I wanted, it was ultra cheap to do and it made a car that had a HORRIBLE paint job look very Sinister and very very sharp.

I will post pic's tommorrow as I have a few more hours until I can touch it and pull it out of the garage.

But heres the main deal on this type of paint

First your body work better be PERFECT, it will show EVERY ding and chip, scratch you missed

Second use the paint gun not the rattle can, that way you can use Naptha to thin it speeding up the drying time and you can add hardener which will make it more durable

But as you have seen everyone has their own opinion on Blitz Black, but heres the question ya got to ask yourself, how many of them that are sounding off on have actually sprayed a car with it

And all that said, I spent $20 for 2 quarts, $7 for a can of Naptha and $12 for hardener and $30 for a good respirator/filter that I wore while spraying it and my Vette is now painted for a measly $75 after tax and thats Hotrodding as now I have more cash to drop on go fast goodies