Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Blow By on a fresh rebuild. Possible ?? PLEASE HELP. Pics inside
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsavvycook
Hey Mikey, You forgot to mention, that to use the hose from the compression tester, you have to remove the schrader valve from the end of the hose so the air will pass through it.

I was testing sin7......

Good call I forgot about that.

Does the rest of my post sound reasonable? To me, although the unbaffled PVC is creating an oil burning problem, it's sounding like something the machine shop might have done, especially if it's found that the guides were too loose, (or a smidge too tight), it's hard to tell that though, without knowing how many miles since the rebuild, and what kind of assembly lube was used,(did the bores get dry after sitting for 2 years?).

He said it ran good, but how much driving was done on the open headers..I know that long tubes are usually no prob, but shorties could let cold air back up the header, and mess with an exhaust valve..He said the prob started when the exhaust and valve covers got put on, was that a short time into it's life, or was the motor run a bunch before with no problems.

The second part of the compression test will reveal alot.

You are way better at the motor stuff than me, I'm just tossing the things I'd think of out there.

Mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example