Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Blow By on a fresh rebuild. Possible ?? PLEASE HELP. Pics inside
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 01:16 PM
406 Caprice:Rust Never Sleeps!

Wiki Edits: 0

With the VERY LIMITED runtime on that engine it's really too early to tell if there's any ring problem or not, as they sure as heck haven't seated within such a short runtime as this. Might be worthwhile to TRY putting a set of valveseals on it (If no problems with guide clearances) and run it a while and monitor it's progress. That would be the easyway out, but it all depends on what kind of shape those valveguides and stems are in. Perhaps he could have a GOOD qualified tech. at least do the inspection of valveguides and seals IF he's not comfortable with doing it himself, -but it sounds like to me that he wishes to learn this for himself. Maybe another member who lives close enough to drive over could render him some assistance for a few cold roadpops and an afternoon barbeque, Eh? I think there's a fair amount of registered members in his neck of the woods whom might have enough experience and the willingness to offer up a second set of eyes and hands, as well as prior experience. The option of pulling the heads I mentioned due to the fact that it allows for COMPLETE inspection of valvetrain components as well as a look at the cylinder bores and crosshatch hone. Of course that's much more work, but it would render more information, although it's still possible that one could conceivably achieve a resolution (OR NOT) by going the short route and only doing the valveseals (provided that guide{s} don't have excessive clearance). MANY, MANY OPTIONS HERE... Anybody on here live close enough to Sin7 to take a drive over? -Jim.