Blower Help Pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2005, 11:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Blower Help Pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question????? A well known engine shop around here who don,t like me anymore....anyway they put the case on my 671 backwards and said just tap new holes front & back in my new weind manifold...hummmmmmmm. Then they also didn,t put any dowls in it saying they weren,t needed as its underdriven. Are they right? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Marty

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2005, 10:48 AM

Last photo:

I suggest you take or send your blower to a blower shop and have it gone over. If you take chances and the rotor hit the case or each other, you will have a chunck of aluminum goor for recylcing and that's about it.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:30 PM

I think camaroman7d is right. The superchargers are machined to very tight tolerances and need to be doweled. The people at this engine shop probably haven't dealt with too many of these and are probably guessing at what is supposed to be correct. If you don't have a blower shop near you, call B.D.S. or get a hold of Oddy's Performance in Elma or Buffalo, N.Y.( I think it's Elma) These guys are great. I've called in the past and they were very helpful.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:34 PM

Last photo:

Blower Help

Thanks Guys, i guess your both right!!!!!!!! Ive had this truck for 20 years and i don,t want to blow up the 427! Jim Oddys not to far from Toronto. Marty
Old 12-27-2005, 10:43 AM

Last photo:

Marty, Good choice. You will be happy you did. I was lucky enough to get to look over the shoulder of Don Hampton (Hampton Blowers) when he was building and setting up my blower. I can tell you it is pretty darn precise work. Just knowing where to measure was amazing enough, let alone getting all the measurements into spec. I am not afraid to do just about anything, but I don't think I would tackle trying to set up a blower (at least not yet). The penalty of a mistake is far too high. Yes, dowels are a good idea. I don't think I have ever seen a car running a blower that didn't have dowels.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:42 PM

Last photo:

Re: Blower help Pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice you got to watch Hampton putting it together. Been hanging around my neighbour Mark for too long. He,s just finished his Blown 392 41 Willys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its all his fault. His motor sounds so great guess i got brainwashed! lol Marty
Old 12-27-2005, 07:15 PM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40PROSTREETER
get a hold of Oddy's Performance in Elma or Buffalo, N.Y.( I think it's Elma) These guys are great.
Oddy's Auto
651 Bullis Rd.
Elma, NY 14059
phone: 716-674-2500

i personaly live about 3 miles from them, and ive been in a few times with verious questions about different engine related things and they have NO problem taking the time to answer any questions or concerns you have

ive talked to Oddy himself once too, very impressive guy. i just came in to ask some questions about self porting and polishing some heads, and he was answering my questions as if i was there to write an entire book on how oddy ports heads. the only way i could have learnd more was if he had just grabbed a grinder out of the shop and started showing me.

send your blower to oddy's and you wont be sorry
Old 12-27-2005, 09:02 PM

Last photo:

Blower Help Pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes ive heard Jims a great guy! and over the years have watched him at Cayuga! Lots of my friends around here have gone to Jim for Engines & Parts. Thanks, Marty

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.