Blown 383 Stroker Motor - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2003, 11:25 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Blown 383 Stroker Motor

I am having a hard time finding and deciding what type of piston to go with.Some are telling me to go with a keith black hypereutectic over a forged.Does anyone have any sugestions of what would be the best way to go?I'm planing to run 8 to 9lbs boost and mostly street drive.I would rather over build than puke everything out on the highway.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2003, 11:56 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

i`d use the forged blower pistons from sealed power, formerly known as TRW L2441F or something close to it, I wouldn`t trust anything other than a forged piston in a blown application. but that`s just me.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:02 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Forged without a doubt. They will stand up better. The speed pros are good for a budget engine, but srp, je, or wiesco will hold up better and are lighter. We all know what lighter reciprocating parts will do for an engine. Kindof like everything else.....you get what you pay for.

Chris
Old 10-15-2003, 04:07 PM

Last photo:

i think i know your deliema, is it that blower pistons don't come with 383 pin height? thats what i found when i started on my motor it ended up being a decision, stroker or blower, i had to go blower as i already had the induction. after getting most of the parts together i did find out that everything summit or jegs has is not in the book. i would call them and see if they have blower pistons with the correct pin height. if you do end up going non stroked i would suggest getting a 3.5 stroke crank instead of 3.48 if you have the choice i went 3.48 and ended up a little deeper in the bore than i had hoped to. those extra 20 thousants would have put me right where i needed to be. forged is the only way to go for the whole bottom end imho. i have seen a crank hub for external balance so the pistons must be available somewhere.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.