Hot Rod Forum banner

Body alignment issues (82 grandprix)

866 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  montea 
#1 ·
im having some problems with the body on my 82 grand prix, i replaced the passenger door, 2 front fenders, hood, and fiberglass front panel with junk yard ones and now my hood wont sit on the car right. car was never in a accident, its just all out of wack because i replaced everything. im looking for some help on what i should move around to try and get it to fit better. i attached a bunch of pictures to explain what is happening.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
You can't simply unbolt the front sheetmetal, install new, and expect it to line up. There are about a dozen different places that the sheet metal needs to be shimmed to account for manufacturing tolerances. Shimming one place can mess up the alignment in another, so this is an iterative process.

#5 ·
i left the drivers door the way it was because its original and gaps look good. i did my passenger door and got the gaps the same as the drivers side and then did the front fenders, i got them looking really good too then the hood just didnt fit in there right, i am playing around with the core support right now and i almost got it lined up perfectly but the core support is almost all the way to the drivers side with the adjustment given in the frame rails. what a PITA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.