Hot Rod Forum banner

A-body boxed front control arms

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SSedan64 
#1 ·
Does any one have pictures of their upper and lower front control arms that have been boxed? I would like to have a reference as a place to start for boxing mine.

#2 ·
pittbull7934 said:
Does any one have pictures of their upper and lower front control arms that have been boxed? I would like to have a reference as a place to start for boxing mine.
I know they aren't cheap but it might be worth investing in the tubular arms if your intent is improved handling.. supposedly they are night and day vs the old GM iron designed in the 60's

as a side note I have the air ride tubular arms (lowers only) with the shockwave bags on my 66 chevelle and left the uppers stock.. we'll see how it runs eventually :)

#3 ·
SS66chevelle said:
I know they aren't cheap but it might be worth investing in the tubular arms if your intent is improved handling.. supposedly they are night and day vs the old GM iron designed in the 60's

as a side note I have the air ride tubular arms (lowers only) with the shockwave bags on my 66 chevelle and left the uppers stock.. we'll see how it runs eventually :)

The bank is empty, I want tubular control arms, but for over a grand it's not happening right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.