Hot Rod Forum banner

body filler problem

967 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  crashtech 
#1 ·
Hi, I've been putting a skim coat on my 76 monte (which I have learned is a pain in the...). I guess I didn't put in enough hardner on one coat, it hasn't hardened and I've given it a week. Any way to fix this situation...what happens if I go over that coat with another one full of hardner? Thanks, Adam

#5 ·
adrock430 said:
Hi, I've been putting a skim coat on my 76 monte (which I have learned is a pain in the...). I guess I didn't put in enough hardner on one coat, it hasn't hardened and I've given it a week. Any way to fix this situation...what happens if I go over that coat with another one full of hardner? Thanks, Adam
After you get it back down to metal, I suggest using polyester primer instead of skim coat. It's basically sprayable filler and goes on real easy. I recommend Evercoat Slick Sand or Featherfill G2.
I am assuming you are after a high-build sandable surface in order to flatten some flawed panels and polyester primer is perfect for this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.