Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Body filler showing through epoxy primer
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 04:52 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I like to start off with the roof but I start at one side and work my way over to the other side ,I see a lot of guys like to start in the middle of the roof and go to the side then go to the other side and take it up at the middle again and do the other side but that dosent work for me I like to keep painting on a wet edge.So at first I do the roof then work down the jamb follow around the back to the other jamb then the firewall...If Im doing three coats of SS I do the same with the second coat...On the last coat I reverse direction starting with the fire wall and ending up doing the roof last...that way the roof has the no chance of getting any dry overspray on it .
BUT if the truck is still on the frame and has wheels and theres a good place to tape off of I always paint the roof only then the next day I tape off the roof and spray the rest...I'm short so I need a to stand on a bench , I'll do all the high work first and the footwork last...But everyone has a different way to do it and painting with the air flow is a good starting point for you ,you really dont have to worry much about the overspray when your painting (unless its a candy) because the paint melts it all together, just think of it as a tack coat.You shouldnt have any trouble using a SS its very hotrodder friendly...just be sure to use the proper reducer for the temp...