Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Body part clearance on trunk lid to quarter panel
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
I'm looking at the stripes and i can only imagine giving that kind of work to a customer, let alone millions of customers over the years, I'd be out of business. I remember when I bought my first AMX, mu buddy's all laughed and asked me why an AMC,,,I told them because the fit and finish sucked as bad on the AMC's as it did on Fords, GM's and Mopar's. I think that summed it up for fit and finish in the 60's 70's and started to get a little better in the 80's...when the big three and AMC (notice how I put that) had competetion from the off shore guys.

Ray
How about the wrinkles in the metal over the tail lamp! And the painted screws and latches! LOLOL, I am sorry I just can't do a 100 point show car. When I had my Vette I was looking to build it 100 point. I was buying the Corvette magazines and in there was a car with bare metal half shafts with just the right amount of rust on them, that is when I tossed the mag and planned on building the car RIGHT not as they did on the assembly line.

Brian