Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - body restoration plan of attack
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:41 PM

Last journal entry: My first Hotrod!
Wiki Edits: 0

body restoration plan of attack

So I am new at all of this, I am 24 and trying to restore a '58 gmc in my garage with pretty limited resources. I have been reading up and I come up with this plan of attach for doing bodywork in a small garage in the middle of a neighborhood on my own... The plan is to D/A large areas (doors, hood, fenders, any flatish parts I can get the sander on) then use a flap wheel (like on a dremel or die grinder) in tighter areas. I was looking at picking up a "speedblaster" or something similar for real tricky areas and corners and seems. Then I will use ospho and scotchbrite pads or steel wool to scrub every surface and finally coat with ospho and let dry. when i get a few parts completely cleaned I will scuff the surface, degrease, and spray with spi epoxy. Anyone see any potential problems with this? I know it won't be a very quick process, but thats okay with me as long as the work will last when it is done.