Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - body straightness
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 05:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaPrI_MaN
Yes, it's less than an inch. Maybe something like 3/4 ou or something like that.
I only drove the car a very few times, and alaways at a very low speed. When I bought it I brought it home in trayier because at the time the car documents and insurance weren't in order, and I was affraid of beeing stoped by the cops. So I prefered to not risque a ticket...
I only drove the car twice before I removed the engine, but it rode well.

Thnak you for your help,
António costa
Unless the car was in a bad enough wreck, I would sooner believe its an issue with the garage floor or maybe even the jackstands themselves. Measure them and find out.

I wouldn't be worried about it. The Capri's were rock solid as long as they aren't ravaged by rust. The whole body including the front fenders is welded together extensively. It would take a lot to tweak one I would think.

Has it been in a wreck? Does it show signs of one of the fenders having been replaced? Perhaps one of the fenders was removed and welded back on with the chassis not sitting perfectly level.

I've had 5 Capri's and I'm fairly certain I have ran across this a time or two but didn't give it much thought. Haven't had any odd handling problems.