Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Body swap ?'s 67-72 Longhorn on 2001 Chevy 4x4
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 07:19 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Body swap ?'s 67-72 Longhorn on 2001 Chevy 4x4

I am new to the hole body swap and welding area but have patience and time to get'r done. Do to having no second helper i am building a rolling jack out of wood 4x4's to lift the cab 1ft (or bed) over the frame.

My questions are

Do i just need to make new tabs for the bolts to line up and how buff do they need to be as i only have used a wirefeed. I have built car trailers with my wirefeed and all work great so i'm thinking wirefeed should be ok for this as well ?

My frame on my 2001 chevy 2500HD is 44inch wide, wheel base is 133inch. I have no clue yet on the width of a longhorn frame but am guessing i wont be as luck to get the frame, wheelbase and length of truck to all match up but two out of three isn't to bad. is the longhorn frame being narrow going to affect any thing else other than tabs for bolts the cab and bed on ?

I also wanted to use as much of the originol equipment as possible like the pedal (gas/brake) assembly, complete dash or custom all the dash parts with the longhorn dash like a/c, heater core, airbags, exc.. I am guessing i will need to make my own firewall but not really sure on how yet ???

I'm sure i will have more questions but this is probly enough for the moment, any help would be great, Thanx