Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Body swap ?'s 67-72 Longhorn on 2001 Chevy 4x4
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 04:47 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Not sure why he doesn't like Mig but i have done some prity good trailers with my wirefeed and have put full ton trucks, vans, exc. on them with no issues at all and i am a newbie to welding. Of course trailers are a complete difrent story to fabbing motor mounts and making sure a frame is perfectly shortend and even those kinda things are what i'm not sure about as far as useing a wirefeed as opposed to stick. If filling in big gaps i could see were stick could be a better fit to push in more but as far as a good beed either will do the trick. I preffer wire because every thing is together and is less of a head ache plus i dont like having a tank of some thing that could blow my house up, lol. But that's just me, I'm sure Tig has it's benefits i just dont know enough about welding yet to say....

As far as my project goes it is still just sitting there right now with no body on it and in perfect running condition (wah, sad , boo, cry, ) I just need a few pointers.