Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - body work primer type
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:51 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

body work primer type

I have a question about bosy and paint. I remember years ago I had some body work done at a shop on my 66 mustang. I only wanted the bisy work done as I was still working on other things and paint would be later. I wanted the car back primered which that's what I got. Before I could get the car painted by the person that did the body work, the guy lost the shop and moved out of state.

Long storey short, I wanted another shop to paint the car, but they insisted I have the body work done all over again because the first shop used the wrong primer. I think my first guy was spraying dupont, and the second used PPG. Does this sound right. It's been a while so I can't really remember.

Having body work don on new car and don't want to make the same mistake. What primer do I want. The car is originally white and I would like to leave it original color. Car is a 64 mercury comet conv. Red interior. Like other car, not ready to paint. Just body and primer for now.