Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Garage - Tools (
-   -   Bolt-grip (

cletis 12-15-2005 08:20 PM

I came across this at Home Depot today and had to buy it. It's a set of sockets for
rounded off, painted over or rusted or damaged bolts and nuts. The inside looks like a reversed EZ-out. They're claimed to be strong enough to use with an impact wrench. It's made by the company that makes Vise-grips. I'm going to go out and find a screwed up bolt or nut on one of my junkers tomorrow and try them out.

scot 01-07-2006 09:14 PM

How do they work? :confused:

j o 01-11-2006 09:39 AM

did they work?

1931 steve 01-11-2006 09:55 AM

I have a set from Matco tools and they work awesome!

Steve :welcome:

j o 01-11-2006 11:30 AM

means i will buying me a set thanks

chrisn 01-12-2006 12:55 AM

i have a set made by craftsman. they work good. i wish they made deeper versions. saved me $50 by getting the bleeder screw out (new caliper was $50).

Jared88 01-16-2006 07:43 PM

Do you just hammer them onto the bolt/nut?

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.