Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bonehead Art
Thread: Bonehead Art
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneHeadCustomz
I really expected more feed back, but oh well.

Here is some feedback from me.

Being as how this is a website that encourages the sharing of knowledege, in order to enable others to achieve similar results, and you choose to only display your product and answer a "how'd you do it" with a vague statement like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneHeadCustoms
I can't give you a play by play of my secret recipe, but I can tell you that on some of them I hand shape the metal to what I need.
OK...

Show us how you do it.

Like Home Brew, your fabrication of The Skull would interest me.I really like the drizzled line effect that you got on the jaw and around the details. It looks like you pulled your tig rod along while holding an arc right above the rod, heating it just enough to fuse it into the base metal without creating a puddle, or melting the rod completely. I'm sure it took many years of practice, however you did it.

The teeth and other globular protruberances almost look like lost wax castings that you affixed to the structure, or possibly they were droplets created by regular old hammer and anvil work.

So whip it out..

Otherwise, I will view this thread as just another advertising thread. Seeing your websites posted in your thread really makes that clear.

Yes I have an automotive fabrication business as well. It is not part time, and it is my only source of income.
I came here to share my knowledge with those here, without worrying about losing or getting business. Many of us share our working knowledge, that in the normal course of business, we get paid for.

I have no interest in copying your product, or your art, but I am always on the lookout for new techniques for forming steel.

later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example