Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bonehead Art
Thread: Bonehead Art
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 11:54 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Yes, I agree you guys are right on. Sorry for being vauge. I have been working steel for over 30 years. That's really where you start. Understanding the basics of forge work and combining that with the basics of mig welding, (not tig), however you could tig this, but a better alternate approach would be to use a torch, then you combine the heat control with welding at the same time. I use a mig welder for speed. Basically I am sculpting much like an artist would add clay to a piece. I am adding shapes of metal, be it flat, or pieces of pipe, for curves, or curves of flat steel shaped on an anvil. I add these small chunks of shape, and grind parts off that I want to re-shape. If a curve is not what I want, I can add or take away from that until I like what I see. Some of these pieces have 50 or 60 pieces
Okay, I explained it. I know, it probably still sounds vauge, but if you would ask a painter how he did his work of art, he would say he applied paint onto a canvas with a brush.
I am not trying to really hide anything here, but if a person has the skill, they could do this.

I'll dig up a picture to help you guys see this better.