Hot Rod Forum banner

Bonneville cancelled again

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  whinny 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I was talking to a guy at the GoodGuys West Coast Nationals two weeks ago that had several salt cars there on display, he's been going to Bonneville for a couple decades. I told him I would get there someday, his reply, "If it's on your bucket list, you better get there soon, the salt is disappearing". He was dead serious...

Keith

#5 ·
West wildfires and bonneville, BLM Mismanagement

The Save the Salt organaztion has been in a battle with the BLM for years about the salt mining and the condition of Bonneville,The same enviromentalists who don't allow proper thinning of timber in the forests, eliminating the old dirt fire control roads, livestock grazing to keep grass fires minimized allow too much salt to be mined.
Follow the money.
campaign contributions to politicians .

#6 ·
world's fastest indian

My son tries to take a group of Boy Scouts out when his schedule permits, USFRA gives free admission to Scouts and leaders in Uniform, get a new generation interested, and Ohio State U. gives the scouts a very interestion tour of their streamliner and trailer, what it takes for the team to run,

Russ, the 27 T was there the last time I went with him

Attachments

#11 ·
Bonneville WAS on! Speed week is just ended.

Mickey Thompson's son Danny ran his dad's Challenger II - got his black 400 mph club hat with a two-way average over 411. Twin Hemi's for power

Team Vesco brought Turbinator (Turbine powered, wheel driven) back again as well

AND - George Poteet - having wrecked Speed Demon a year or so ago, came back with Speed Demon II, and ran the best speed of the week at 429.99, once again running a single (Kenny Duttweiler-built) SBC for power

#13 ·
You will NEVER regret going to Speedweek @ the Salt! You have to experience it at least once - but it is not only contagious, but incurable. Its called "Salt Fever"

Take an RV or travel trailer with Air Conditioning and a generator big enough to run the A/C. Park any old where you please (free) Take LOTS of water. Take VERY dark sunglasses

Stay a day or two or all week. Enjoy the sounds of engines turning at WOT and max RPM. Watch them push out the hi-end cars (Remember that 1st gear isn't useful for some of those cars until they are over 60 or so and first might be good to well over a hundred.

Take a CB radio so you can hear the race talk and the announcers and official times. You'll go back again after your first visit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.