Other than a slight vibration around 65-70, I can say that I absolutely love this overdrive unit. Think I may need to balance my patchwork driveshaft.
Hauled a total of six vehicles today, double loaded twice.
1. Ford f-150, 12miles to the yard. O/D all the way.
2. Chevy 1/2t 4x4(4 flat tires), AND a Chrysler New Yorker, 16 miles round trip. O/D unloaded only.
3. Late 60's Ford sedan(4 flat tires), AND a Chrysler K-car, 20 miles round trip. O/D 10 miles unloaded,3 miles loaded. Pulled like a champ.
4. Mid 60's Pontiac Catalina(4 flat tires), 20 miles round trip. O/D full trip.
5. 12 miles home. O/D all they way. 65-70 mph.
Needless to say, the old 12v Ramsey 8k winch is gasping for air, but still has a pulse.
Worked it hard, all afternoon, and used 1/2 of a 20 gallon tank of gas. I'd say 8 mpg average, with a lot of high idle time (to keep up with the winch), is doing pretty well, for a ton pickup, with a 402, and TH400.
Tomorrow, I'm going to check the oil level, and re-route the vent tube. It is still spitting, when going down the highway.
Someday soon, I'll probably be making a run to Geneva, NE, to pick up 2 Model A sedans. Hauling one on the truck, and the other on a car trailer. That run will be 275 miles, round trip.