Hot Rod Forum banner

Borgeson

995 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cobalt327 
#1 ·
I am going to put a Borgeson power steering box in my 1959 Ford Ranchwagon and I am under the impression that I need a shorter steering column. I am wondering if anyone on this site has made this swap and if they can tell me what length of column I will need. Borgeson said that if i put the box in the car then measure the column length, I can get a column made or ordered from Ididit but I don't want to have the car out of service for an extended period of time while I wait for a column to be sent out. I could cut the original column but I want to change the steering wheel and get rid of the column shifter so that won't work. I am planning on ordering the parts over the winter and doing the swap in spring . Thanks for any help..

#2 ·
well first off you need to mount it , then use some 3/4 wood dowels then measurements from their. someone may get you close. but was your car ever hit , was their car ever hit. 1/2 inch will make everything almost useless. this is a fab you will have to do. really no short cuts, unless its a kit car!

#3 ·
Thanks

For the info. Hoping maybe someone had done the swap and had info from one of the column manufacturers. I know my car is straight as my parents bought it new and it has not been in any accidents, but your point is well taken ...Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.