Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Borgwarner T5 clutch questions
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
In that case just run it until you see that replacement is needed...Then do the upgrade.

Sam
Well i don't want to put it all together and them have to take it apart a few weeks later to redo the clutch assembly.

So if I have to spend the money; Id rather do it now but if i can save a little money by reusing my pressure plate and just replacing the clutch without sacrificing the life expectancy of my clutch assembly i would like to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10xGN View Post
What stock bell works with a SBC and Ford T-5? Just curious if this is the Jeep/Astro van bell...

Russ
I using a stock camaro T5 bell housing with an adapter plate between the bell housing and the ford T5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisr View Post
I'd want an aftermarket pp with a pressure ring that can take the rpm, and a "high cone" diaphram that won't make the clutch pedal stick to the floor during hi-rpm shifts.

For the disc, i'd avoid the aggressive "spec 3" stuff and choose something that can handle some initial slip if you want the T5 to live. In my Chevy powered Mazda RX-7, i was able to get into the high 6's in the 1/8mi with the T5, using a stock style disc. Lite car with low gears, much easier on the clutch than a 3500lb Chevelle.
I have read a lot of the guys on the mustang forum saying that the spec 3 clutches can handle a lot of abuse and are very streetable. but ill do more research just to be sure.