Bostitch Staple Gun T28-7
I am getting ready to redo the convertible top on my 90 Mustang. The FSM lists the Bostitch Staple Gun T28-7 with Bostitch 1/4" x 5/16" staples in the "Special Service Tools" section.
This generates a few questions:
1) I am assuming staple sizes are listed as crown (width) x Length. Is this correct? Where is the wire gauge shown?
2) Where can I find a Bostitch T28-7? I have not had great success on finding it and Bostitich does not seem to have that model available (or my searching skills are in a slump). Is there a recommended alternate that meets the same specs?
3) The detail drawings throughout the Convertible Top section of the FSM list several other sizes and staple part numbers. These include:
- "SL5035 1/2-inch G. Bostitch staple 1/4-inx 1/2-in"
- "1/4 inch staple"
- "3/8 inch staple"
- "Bostitch Staple 1/4 inch x 1/2 inch"
Is it safe to assume that this basically means 1/4" crown staples in 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" length? What wire gauge? Can this one stapler shoot all of these lengths?
Sorry for all the newb-ish questions on this...I am a threaded fastener guy - this staple thing is new to me on a car. Self-installing a top for the first tie is daunting enough without having to expand the scope of my tool-lore.