Bostitch Staple Gun T28-7
I am getting ready to redo the convertible top on my 90 Mustang. The FSM lists the Bostitch Staple Gun T28-7 with Bostitch 1/4" x 5/16" staples in the "Special Service Tools" section.
This generates a few questions:
1) I am assuming staple sizes are listed as crown (width) x Length. Is this correct? Where is the wire gauge shown?
2) Where can I find a Bostitch T28-7? I have not had great success on finding it and Bostitich does not seem to have that model available (or my searching skills are in a slump). Is there a recommended alternate that meets the same specs?
3) The detail drawings throughout the Convertible Top section of the FSM list several other sizes and staple part numbers. These include:
- "SL5035 1/2-inch G. Bostitch staple 1/4-inx 1/2-in"
- "1/4 inch staple"
- "3/8 inch staple"
- "Bostitch Staple 1/4 inch x 1/2 inch"
Is it safe to assume that this basically means 1/4" crown staples in 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" length? What wire gauge? Can this one stapler shoot all of these lengths?
Sorry for all the newb-ish questions on this...I am a threaded fastener guy - this staple thing is new to me on a car. Self-installing a top for the first tie is daunting enough without having to expand the scope of my tool-lore.
convertible top info....
HI,BOSTICH is a brand name,you can use any stapler that will take whatever size staple is required.
From the sound of the question, this is your first convertible top. If so, please fess up now.
The staples normally used in this job are ╝ wide, and 5/16 sounds like about the right length. The staplers I've always seen used were driven by a pneumatic stapler, because a lot of them get used doing the job right.
If you never did one I'd suggest paying somebody to watch how the job is done by a pro.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:03 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.