Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bought a Cutoff & Talk Hf Tool policy
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 03:12 AM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I like the straight cut off tools and the angle grinders. I usually buy them at either HF or Northern. Since I use them at work all of the time, I usually have an angle grinder with a cut off wheel, and another with an adaptor for the Roloc disks. Swapping tools in them is too costly, considering the cost of the tool itself. You can catch them on sale for so cheaply, it isn't worth it to have to change tools all of the time, specially when you are working on commision. The tools usually only last me a couple of years, but considering the price, it is worth it. One thing about Northern and also HF is that for a couple of extra bucks, if you want to, you can get an additional warranty on them. At Northern, I will sometimes get the warranty. I have yet to use it, because the tool outlasts the warranty period. Several years ago, I priced one of the angle grinders from Snap-On. It was 4 times the cost of the similar item at Northern. The warranty period was 1/2 of what Northern was. Tools like that are only going to last just so long before the gears strip out. I decided that it was more cost effective to buy them at Northern or HF.